Thursday, May 27, 2010

Last Resort

I've blogged in the past few months.  I swear I have.  Just none of the posts made it past the "draft" stage.  I would start one, thinking it was a cute idea, and then give up for lack of funny, pictures or just plain common sense. 

So, forgive me, since I have no other ideas, as I blog solely about my littlest daughter, who's been saying some pretty amusing things.  Run-on, you say?  Whateves!
Amusing Moment No. 1

Littlest: [While jumping on the bed.] Mom, how do you say bathroom in Spanish?
Me: I don't know, honey.  I don't speak Spanish.
Littlest: That's silly, Mom.  Everyone can speak Spanish.  You just make it up.  Like, my Spanish word for monkey is monk-o.

I'm wondering if she thinks that Spanish is made for Dora and not real.  Like Klingon.

No. 2

While watching TV.
Littlest: [Pointing to the TV.]That's the Vampire State Building!  We're going there this summer!
Me: The Vampire State Building?  Do vampires live there?
Littlest: ...No.
Me: Why do they call it the Vampire State Building then?
Littlest:  Because of the pointy tooth on top.

No. 3
While riding in the car she pouted, "Mom, why don't we have a baby, instead of just a baby doll?"  Poor kid.  I keep telling her that we have a baby and she's 4.  She's not buying it.

No. 4
And I quote, "I'm tired of watching Dora.  She always needs my help."
Poor Dora.  Speaking a made-up language and chasing fans away with her neediness.  At least she doesn't have to live with the un-dead.

7 comments:

Jami said...

Very sweet. I love listening to all the crazy things the girls come up with.

Laura said...

That is TOO funny! LOVE IT!!

Rochelleht said...

LAUGHING OUT LOUD! Are you sure Grace isn't hanging out at your place these days? Totally sounds like stuff she would have said. CRACKING me up on the made-up language.

And about Dora: My kids and their cousins have an anti-Dora club in the summers. Nice.

Chanda said...

HAHA - SO FUNNY.

I hear you about the blog. I htink I'm going on two months now. My posts are all in my head. Just FYI, my brain blog rocks!

Jeanie said...

Just precious! I never tire of hearing about little one's sayings and insights!

Wendy Niceler said...

I actally laughed out loud. I'm not sure which one is my favorite. So fun to read your blog!

the Holyoaks said...

That is hilarious! What a cutie. We're going to have to get together one of the times I make it down to Texas. I've got to meet your girls and would love to catch up with you too!