Tuesday, November 2, 2010

All Hallow's Eve

Better late than never.  My goal was to do this Sunday, but I was sickety, sick, sick, sick.  I guess that's what you get when you procrastinate sewing until the wee hours of Thursday night. I mean, Friday morning.  It's BYU all over again.  How did I ever graduate? ...seriously.

This year, our family was themed!  We haven't done this since our oldest was one and we went as the Three Musketeers.  So, I thought that I would share with you pictures of the costumes that I came up with this year.  And their inspirations! 

Our littlest went as Alice from Alice in Wonderland:

Though, to be honest, she cried when she realized she wasn't going as this:


But I wanted her to be instantly recognizable. So, this is what we came up with:
I found a dotted organza for the apron!  Perfect!
Our redhead just had to go as the red rose.  It was TOO perfect.

Can you see her green stems?
Figuring out how to make this costume almost took as much time as sewing it. Almost.
Our oldest went as the Mad Hatter, which I was very excited about. I loved interpreting a boy's character into a girl's costume!




 And add this:

 plus this:



And you get...

Can you tell that hubby's and mine were kinda afterthoughts? Oh well. 
Next year I have plans to make it more even!


Thanks, Julianne for the great pics! Bet you can't tell which ones were her's. Hahahahaha.

7 comments:

Laura said...

DARLING!! I LOVE family themes!

Rochelleht said...

Really, you were all so AMAZING!!!!! You stole the trunk or treat. It was awesome. You rock.

the Holyoaks said...

Wow! Those are some beautiful costumes! You are so talented with all things sewing and fashion related. I love them! What a great family theme too. And I love that your neighborhood has haunted houses for Halloween! How fun! We do have the Ichabod movie on DVD. I've been looking for it since when I started teaching almost 10 years ago and finally found it at Costco this summer. I snatched it up. I love the old stuff.

aurora said...

I wish I could have seen you all in person--the costumes look a.maz.ing!

Jami said...

Can't believe you made all those. You are amazing. We themed too, but when Patrick got sick I didn't bother putting mine on. Maybe we will get a picture later. You guys look great.

Wendy Niceler said...

fabulous!!! fabulous!!! fabulous!!! (hope im spelling that right)

Pemberley Court said...

totally love your blog!! already linked some of your stuff on my fb!!! found you from rochelle's mormon video and am so happy!!! You are super talented!!